Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Orange, honey and almond chocolate cookies.



I made these the other day for husband as a total experiment (not unusual for me), and they turned out pretty great (kindof unusual for me). I didn't use a recipe as such i just threw some things together so i'll just write out roughly what i did. What i love about these is that we used eggs from our friends farm, oranges from their orchard, and honey from my dad's hives. It's the best thing using local organic ingredients, especially from people we know.

Recipe:
1 egg
1 cup organic white flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 g butter (softened)
1 tsp orange zest
50 g Whittakers dark almond chocolate (broken into little pieces
2 tbspn honey
a few drops of real vanilla essence

Beat together honey, butter, and vanilla. Add egg and zest and mix, then stir in dry ingredients. Put small spoonfuls on trays and bake at 180 for around 10 minutes. So easy x

No comments:

Post a Comment